Dec 16, 2008

The gospel according to Bowie



Exactly where does the definition of 'vandal' fall in regard to 'street art'? Gracelessly put down your brushes and cans, oh humble and struggling artists, for your expression and temporary communication is no longer valid. Perspex comes to those who manage to sell their works to the rich, to whom 'art' is naming ones child with multiple consonants added to any 'unique' phonetic sounds at any one time. Banksy, rich man-of-the-paint in question, is un-doubtably a key figure in our post post post modernerness society.
However.
It comes with the territory.
It is a statement.
the 'vandalism' is art, breaking unspoken rules.
So... we should all feel slightly more liberated than we did now than when the perspex went up. I hope nothing is touched and the streetscape is left to evolve.
The gospel according to David Bowie:
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
It worked for David Robert Jones.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy, I found that one! That said, I was about to message you and say "what, no more blog?!" so I guess I can't complain. BCBC.

    ReplyDelete