Feb 16, 2009

comfort


...the whole nation has been through loss and pain due to the fires in Victoria (not to mention the droughts and flooding rains). I personally have been pained by the loss of two beautiful brothers and my step Mum to the horrible events of this week past. Obviously my mind has been racing, and my thoughts are so many and varied, but now I'm going to reflect on one of the things I did to journey through the week. Not the watching of many-a-documentary at 2, 3 & 4am (Thank you: The REAL da Vinci Code, Microcosmos, Paperclips, 7 Marvels of the Industrial World, et al), rather the creation of one made-with-love doily. To those of you who think crochet is for the bebluerinsed of the world, I say 'Pah!' Granted, my little lacework looks a bit shabby, however considering the fact that this is my first attempt at graduating from Granny Squares, and my inability to concentrate on the pattern due to said thoughts, I'm pleased with what I have achieved.
So while I compile in my head all those things I would like to say in celebration of my three lost love ones, I can take comfort in the pattern on my next project- a better looking doily.
I'm so very grateful for the love and support of my family and friends.
I love you very much!
Remember to take the time out of your day to say those three little words.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, i am impressed, delicate and complicated at the same time, it has character.

    ReplyDelete