Sep 7, 2013

Inspiring women: books



I discovered Amazing Babes as s Pozible project, and felt quite inspired by the author, Eliza Sarlos and artist, Grace Lee's vision. My inner feminist was saddened by the fact that I actually did not know all of the women featured in this little book.

I'm glad, though, that this little book sits on my shelf, just waiting to shape young minds! 
The other inspiring woman, who has had her life turned into a children's  book is Audrey Hepburn. A woman who is so often remembered for her looks and not her works and life. Just Being Audrey, Written by Margaret Cardillo and illustrated by Julia Denos, this book covers the life of a woman who truly lived. It's no secret I bought this book for myself, though I'm sure one day there will be a little person who'll enjoy the book as much as I do.


 
Creative Commons credit: Audrey Hepburn by Dennis Stock 1955




1 comment:

  1. There are people who have experienced so much pain and burden in their lives and they feel that they are never going to get out of it. But they still fight and eventually end up succeeding and for some, losing.

    ilchi lee education

    ReplyDelete