May 8, 2014

Day Eight


Day 8, Thursday:  Share a book that you’d like to read, but haven’t yet.  What draws you to it?

Book cover image shamelessly knicked from Wikipedia.

I've currently got two books on the go on my kindle, one being a book on anxiety, the other a book in a series of about a billionty (and by 'billionty I mean 14, with the 15th on the way at the end of the month), The Dresden Files. I used to read multiple books at a time, picking up whatever struck me on any given day. Something changed, and I started to focus on just one book at a time, reading in each precious word. Something tells me I'm headed back to the realm of many books, but only time will tell.

The next book I want to add to the pile is The Goldfinch, written by Donna Tartt. I would love to say that the plot line sounds captivating, or that I heard it was written by a Pulitzer Prize winner, but neither of those things would be true. I have two simple reasons for wanting to read this book:

1) I liked the cover. It caught my eye on a website. I love how raw it is, and I'm a sucker for handwriting.

2) I've seen this book pop up in several book clubs of late. If a bunch of book clubs think it is an alright read, then alright, I'll read it!

My two shameful reasons for wanting to read this book. I did discover that the plot line seems rather interesting, too.

Have you read The Goldfinch?

7 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this book, but now that I've googled - I think it will go on my list as well. I may need to stop reading posts on this prompt or my nightstand will collapse. When in doubt, I tend to choose books with covers that I like too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've certainly got some new reading ideas, too! It is nice for some good suggestions!

      Delete
  2. I read this book recently and loved it. I had to stick with it in a couple of places but just when I was going to give up on it, some twisty plot thing would happen. So glad I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's helpful to know there are tricky bits on the book, that way I can be sure to work through them! Thanks for your feedback!

      Delete
  3. Yes I've wanted to read this one too purely because of the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't covers the best? :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete