May 5, 2014

Day Five


Day 5, Monday: Write a ‘How to’ post teaching everyone … well, how to do something! Cooking, crafting, or anything else that takes your fancy.




My father in law was keen to learn how to make vegetable soup. I will tell you what I told him. 

“Vegetable soup is the easiest thing to make!

Soak some pearl barley (a few hours ahead)
Chop an onion and brown it with some garlic
Chop up ALL the vegetables
Add stock (beef/chicken/vegetable)
Add ALL of the vegetables to the pot
Add water if needed
Chuck in pearl barley
Season with salt & pepper.

Cook until vegetables look nice and soupish.” 

That concludes the teaching portion of today's blogging. 

5 comments:

  1. I love soup and even more so in this weather. Will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Vague recipes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! I've never made it but thinking of having a go! Thanks for the recipe!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, I'm usually vague too! I Love vegetable soups- but I haven't made in one ages! Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is soup weather!
    Thank you, ladies! I hope you give my very helpful recipe a go! :)

    Feel free to ask more questions, too!

    ReplyDelete