May 24, 2014

Day Twenty Four

Day 24, Saturday: If you could have 3 people to dinner tonight, who would you invite?



Yet another tricky challenge from Sunday.  As I sit saddened by the fact that I have finished my lunch time bowl of porridge, I can't help but feel stuck, yet again. Lost for words. 

So, both fictional and non fictional characters blended in together, the sort-list off the top of my head would include:
My grandparents
Prime Minister Tony Abbott (For fiery dinner table arguement!) 
Elsie Larson & Emma Chapman (To ask them what it is like to live the dream)

If Sunday had have said 'four people' that would have been so much easier. I would have picked the ladies of our bridal party. It would be nice for an excuse to fly everyone in to catch up!



Image credit National Library of Ireland via Flickr

12 comments:

  1. Corinne your dinner party sounds like a place I'd like to be. I've just spend a bit of time binge reading your blog and I've really enjoyed it. I love your aesthetic and your consistency to its feel. I'm also interested your questioning of whether or not you reveal more personal/controversial opinions here. Im rather nosy so I say go for it!!
    P.s. Can I subscribe to your blog after the May challenge concludes?
    P..p.s what would you feed Tony Abbott? I'd be tempted to poision him a little!! (Ie give him the shits)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simone! I'm really glad you have enjoyed reading my blog! I'd love it if you were to subscribe! Do you use a reader like Feedly or Bloglovin'? You could add me that way. I'm not sure how to bring back the 'follow' function on the blog, but I can certainly look into it for you! (I'm not so tech savvy!) I'm still on the fence about personal and political things, but WATCH THIS SPACE! You never know what could happen. In regards to Tony Abbott's dinner, I'd like to think I would feed him the same dish I was feeding everyone else, as a show of equality, something he seems to be lacking! A wee bit of laxative never hurt anyone, though... :)

      Delete
  2. oooh what a list :) would certainly be some interesting conversations at the dinner table :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would, wouldn't it? Oh the fun we would have!

      Delete
  3. Aww your bridal party sounds nice...I think you could stretch it to four ;) Some interesting choices....the conversation would be great around that table!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Arline! I can't wait to see your picks!

      Delete
  4. This is a good list! I'd definitely love the Dalai Lama and Elsie & Emma on my list too, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most interesting list! I would want to be at this dinner party - but only if someone else were throwing it. I'd enjoy the conversation, but not the responsibility of such a group. Love Elsie & Emma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good point, Lisa!

      Delete
  6. Diverse list! Lots of fun dinner talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's just a shame I can't cut it down to three!

      Delete