May 27, 2014

Day Twenty Seven

Day 27, Tuesday: Share a project you’ve been working on.



I've been working on this poor ol' blanket for a couple of years. I was inspired to do a granny square project after a short class I did, where we worked with granny squares & embroidery and focused on the mindfulness of crafting. (Crafting is so good for the mind! A form of meditation, if you will.)

Much of the wool for this project has been remnants and leftovers from here and there, so some squares are thicker or bigger than others, But I kind of love it's mismatched, uneven beauty. I'm now working on crocheting along the edge of the entire blanket to finish it off.  

I really like to crochet in front of the TV. Watching something that I have already watched, so that I can focus half on the telly, half on my crochet. And of course I prefer to work on blankets when it is cold! I should get this blanket finished this winter, then I might think about learning how to knit. 

I do have another project that is new to the works, I've been asked to complete a piece to exhibit at a gallery for a show! This is quite exciting, but it is also quite intimidating, as I feel lately as though I have lost my creative spark. So I have a short amount of time to convince myself that I can do it, then my piece will be needed. 

Have you seen my spark lying around? Any words of advice for a loss of the 'knack'?

10 comments:

  1. oooh .. what a fabulous blanket! WOW!!! :) Love it!! Wish I had the patience to do that .. I'm impressed at anyone who does!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sammi! You do things that take great patience, too, like your drawing. That is awesome, too!

      Delete
  2. Corinne do you know what you need to do for the exhibit? Then just start doing it. Don't wait for that spark or right feeling. Just block out some time and get going. And I think you may be surprised how quickly that spark returns!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite a broad exhibition, so that makes it a bit hard, but you are right, just doing is the way to go! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. My babysitter had one of those quilts/blankets when I was little and I adored it and it was all hideous olive greens and oranges. Yours is so much prettier. I craft and bake watching movies I've seen before - it's perfect! Good luck finding your sparkle - I don't think it will be that hard to find. You seem quite sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your babysitter had good taste! :) I think working in front of the TV is always helpful!
      Thank you, thank you! I hope so, too.

      Delete
  4. Love your blanket! So cheery. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh congrats on the show and your blanket is beautiful! I really want to have a go at granny squares but have only just started crochet! Tis gorgeous!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arline! Granny squares are really 'crochet 101', so if you have the basics down, you should be able to give a granny square a go! If you get stuck, try YouTube for a tutorial. I do for reminders, now and then.

      Delete