May 23, 2014

Day Twenty Three

Day 23, Friday: Write a post about a particularly good or controversial comment someone left you.

I'm really lucky, I've only ever received the kindest most thoughtful comments while blogging. I cannot pick out my favourite for comment.

 I wonder if I were to change my tune a bit, would things be the same? If I spoke about how I felt the Australian government were really mistreating the poor, ill and downtrodden with it's latest budget? Maybe my stance on other controversial issues? Maybe then I would attract some mean spirited people. I have seen some truly thoughtless comments in my time on the internet.

I do think that we should treat others the way we like to be treated.

Do the things we say on the internet reflect how we are in real life, or are we are hiding behind the anonymity of our screen?

Be kind to one another! 

Now here is a picture of a kitten to make things more sunshiney.




Image credit: George Eastman House via Flickr

6 comments:

  1. I often voice my views and sometimes people don't take too kindly. So far I haven't' really done anything controversial on my blog. but You never know when I will. I just wish that people could accept that everyone has an opinion and the right to state however they might feel without getting nasty with each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, Paula. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just think it would be nice if things could be said in kindness where ever possible. Sometimes opinions differ so wildly that kindness slips out the door.

      Delete
  2. Interesting point...do we hide behind our screens?! I know I only share certain aspects of my life, maybe I try to please, although this challenge has made me comment on things I wouldn't normally. Do what is comfortable to you...it is your blog so you have a right to your opinion, no matter what other people say, as long as we respect each other's opinion then all will be well!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Arline. I suppose I mean that those who attack others hide behind their screens.

      Delete
  3. I'm like you--if I write about controversial topics I might get some controversial comments. But, I write topics that interest me. And memes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will one day embrace the controversial, but for now I'm quite comfy in my own peaceful corner of the internet, with things that interest me, too!

      Meme's are great! What did we do without them?

      Delete